New Features and Improvements in v0.8.1 Beta
This post will be updated as new features are added to the upcoming update that will be released when it’s ready.
Push notifications (instant notifications for mentions and direct messages).It’s taking a while for Twitter to give us access to site streams so we’ll push an update without it soon.
- Tweet composition, along with media attaching, has been improved.
- The ability to view a profile’s favorites by clicking “Favorites” in the about tab.
- Inline media viewing (can be turned off in the settings) in columns.
- Aesthetic improvements and general bug fixes.
- Significant image handling improvements, less memory usage and faster loading times for profile pictures and tweet media.
- Integrated browser dialog for adding accounts via the account manager screen, so an external browser app isn’t necessary when authenticating your Twitter accounts.
- The ability to swipe accounts in the account manager off the screen to delete them.
- The ability to swipe items out of the muting manager screen to remove them.
- An option under Settings/Appearance for displaying the real name of users instead of their screen names.
- A video indicator that goes alongside the media, favorited, and location indicator on the top right of feed items. This video indicator is shown when a tweet contains a YouTube video.
- HUGE tweet viewer performance improvements
- Improved method of viewing conversations
- Access to your cloud saved searches on Twitter when adding a saved search column, similar to what happens when you add a user list column.
- Ability to completely hide profile pictures in feeds.
- Improved muting manager- better UI, and the ability to mute specific users and apps.
- Report and block function in the profile viewer
- The account manager and muting manager are now accessed through the settings screen, instead of through the timeline screen overflow menu.